Driver Benefits Package
- Benefits Package
Melton Flatbed Truck Driver Benefits Package
Bob Peterson, Melton’s Chairman and CEO states, “Our industry needs to pay drivers more for the service provided and the sacrifices they make. We want to reward our drivers not only in pay, but with great benefits as well. We want to make sure they have access to good medical care and coverage, as well as a solid plan for retirement.” All benefits are effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
Health Insurance and Coverage
One of Melton’s 12 Traditions is, “We count on each other to be here. Illness, injury, and absenteeism hurt us all. We practice safe work habits and believe in a healthy lifestyle.” To help everyone meet this goal, Melton offers comprehensive health coverage including:
- Medical insurance through GPA Network
- iCare PPO Plan with discounted rates
- Preventative care services covered at 100% (In Network)
- Free on-site health clinics serviced by CareATC at the Tulsa and Laredo
- Health concierge service through Nurse Navigator
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) from $120 to $2,500
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending up to $5,000
Speak with your recruiter for rates based on your family’s needs by calling 888-336-0437 If
you are currently employed with Melton and have questions, please contact the Benefits
Current Benefits Guide
Dental Insurance And Coverage
For more flexibility in your busy life, Melton now offers free on-site dental exams and cleanings with company insurance. Our company insurance covers the following:
- 100% preventative exams and care covered
- $50 Deductible
- 80% Basic
- 50% Major
- $1,500 Annual Maximum
- $50 Orthodontic Deductible
- $2,000 Lifetime Maximum
Vision Reimbursement Plan
Covered employees will be reimbursed up to $200 annually and up to $100 annually for covered spouse or children.
You will receive a free $20,000 life insurance policy with double indemnity provision provided to you by Melton. You can opt to purchase supplemental life insurance as well.
Short Term Disability
Melton’s short term disability covers non-work related injuries, illnesses, and pregnancy for a premium of $40.11 per month. This benefit replaces 60% of covered earnings, up to a maximum benefit of $750 per week. Benefit payments will cover up to 13 weeks of continuous disability.
Vacation pay is based on average weekly wages and is paid on a regular pay check. You have one full year to use your earned vacation time.
- 1 week after 1 year
- 2 weeks after 2 years
- 3 weeks after 10 years
Melton offers an on-site gym, workout facilities, and personal trainer. Stay fit while over the road with a personalized workout plan or hit the gym when you’re at the Tulsa or Laredo terminals.
Home Christmas Day
Everyone is guaranteed to be home on Christmas day.
Melton's 401(K) Plan
We take care of our employees and their families in every way, and we want to make sure they
are financially sound when they retire from Melton, but planning for retirement can seem
Make it simple and ask yourself this: Does your “Nest Egg” have enough in it to support you and your family once you retire? Melton 401(k) Plan provides you the means to build and protect your nest egg. The plan has solid investment options, and access to professionals who can help answer any questions you may have.
Here are the basics of the Melton 401(k) Plan:
- You save money each paycheck. It can be as little as 1% or up to 50% of your pay.
- Melton matches 50 cents for each dollar you contribute on the first 7% of your pay.
- Your contribution is invested each pay day and all you have to do is watch it grow. If saving is not in your budget when you start with Melton, that’s ok. You can start the plan anytime you like. You can also increase your savings amount every year, month, or even paycheck.
- You are fully vested after 3 years of employment with Melton.
- Retirement and savings plan coaches are available through the company’s provider, NestEggU.
24 Hour Safety Support
Do you have a question about securement? Are you concerned about a load shifting? Does a customer want you to untarp in the rain? No problem! We have 24-hour Safety coverage, so you’re never left having to guess. If you have any Safety related questions, you can get answers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Driver Help Desk
We recognize that everyone has different personalities and communication styles. If you need help with some aspect of your work, work environment, relationships with other employees or company policies, procedures, or rules you should first try to discuss them with your Driver Manager. If you still feel something is unresolved, contact the Driver Help Desk.
Our Driver Relations Coordinator is also here to acknowledge and help celebrate career milestones at Melton.